Sunday, August 12, 2007

what I worry about

I haven't posted for a while because our family was on vacation. We really enjoyed Family Camp 5 at Mt. Hermon Christian Conference Center (sorry 'bout that Mission Springs).

I appreciate having a guest speaker step in to preach today so that I could really enjoy the vacation and not worry about preparing a sermon. He said some very helpful things about "living in the question of worry" (sermon downloads are available on the Grace website's resources page). What do I worry about? I went up for prayer today because I'm worried about preaching a sermon series on money. I'm not very good at speaking about something that's so down-to-earth and practical. But how we handle money says a lot about how we are following Christ. Jesus talked a lot about money, so I guess I'd better learn how.

No comments: