Thursday, August 30, 2012

babies

I got to visit baby Alex yesterday, born just last Thursday. As I held him and talked to the happy but tired parents, we wondered what he would become. Afterward I wondered what God wanted him to become. What is God's vision for him? What is God's vision for Alex' parents and for me and for all of us in Grace Community?

And that begs another question: Do I trust God's vision for me? I suppose that in the eternal scheme of things I'm just starting my journey (even though I feel a lot older than that). in that sense God may see me as still an infant because there is so much for me to learn. In another sense there is so much for me to experience in each day that I should marvel at how rich each day could be. What does God envision for me in just this day?

It makes so much much sense for me to entrust myself completely to my loving Father. Even if I don't think I can trust God with my life I could try trusting him with today. In the same way I can entrust my kids and those I love to God. And I can ask God for eyes to see them and myself as he does, with his vision for our futures, starting with this day.

No comments: